The Clarus amps were designed to accurately reproduce the sound of all acoustic and electric instruments without compromise or the size and weight that has traditionally be associated with high quality amplification.
Unlike other solid state amps, the Clarus has a distinct, warm sound, more like a tube amp. In addition, the Clarus is not “voiced” like many electronic instrument amps. So its frequency response is flat. This means that, with a high quality speaker system (like the Contra EX), what you hear is your sound of your instrument. The tonal shaping characteristics of the three-band EQ are sufficient to overcome room acoustics or to shape your sound without adding noise to the signal.
At the heart of the Clarus is a powerful Class D switch mode amplifier that runs cool yet delivers up to 1000 Watts of clean, full spectrum power into speaker loads as low as 2 ohms. Other features include a parallel effects loop with a return level control, a selectable notch or low cut filter for feedback or “boominess” elimination and a balanced direct out with ground lift and pre/post EQ selection to allow connection to a mixing board for PA augmentation or recording. A switch for dual voltage operation (115/230V, 50/60 Hz), a detachable power cord and a padded gig bag with shoulder strap make the unit convenient for the travelling musician.
Clarus amps are for the working player looking for exceptionally clean, natural sound, with wide frequency response and low noise. Carried in one hand, or in the supplied gig bag, they provide an exceptional combination of pure sound reproduction and portability.
- Extended frequency range, high fidelity sound
- Light weight (<4 lbs.), small size (10.2 x 8.2 x 3.5)
- Unique, slanted front chassis
- Mounts in cabinet using Cabrio Docking System
- Separate XLR and 1/4 inch inputs per channel
- 48V phantom power and 10 dB gain select for mic input
- Input level control per channel
- Four band EQ per channel
- Selectable phase reverse and sweepable low cut filter per channel (phase reverse can be converted to low pass speaker emulation filter with internal jumper option)
- Effects loop per channel
- Selectable reverb and delay effects with level and rate controls and pseudo stereo output
- Direct out with selectable 10 dB pad, pre/post switch and ground lift-Headphone output
- Switchable limiter
- Mute switch
- Mono or stereo output from the preamp section
- Selectable internal jumper options for gain and stereo operation
- High fidelity, low noise operation: 110 dB SNR at direct out
- Automatic voltage switching for universal AC mains operation
- 650 Watt output at 4 ohms (music power)
- Dual speaker outputs with speakon connectors
- Comes with padded case and speakon to ¼ inch adaptor
There are no reviews yet.